Caramelized Onion Tarts With Apples
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 red apples, cut into small pieces (such as Braeburn or Gala)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed (from a 17.3-ounce package)
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche or 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 400º F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Stir in the apples, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until just tender, 2 minutes.
- Place each sheet of pastry on a parchment-lined baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Spread with the crème fraîche, leaving a ½-inch border. Top with the onion mixture and bake until the pastry is crisp and browned, 30 to 35 minutes. Cut into pieces before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!