Caramelized Onion & Roasted Potato Quesadilla With Smoky Sou
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a fun twist on a quesadilla.
- Ready In:
- 8 medium flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 8 -10 small red potatoes, washed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons thyme, leaves removed from stems
Sour Cream Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, fresh chopped
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce, from canned chipotles in adobo sauce
- honey, just a drop
- Toss Potatoes in 1 TBS Olive Oil and Thyme. Season with some salt and pepper. Roast in a 375 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and slice into flat pieces when cooled.
- In a large saute pan, heat 1 TBS oil over medium heat-high heat. Add onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook until they caramelize, about 8-10 minutes, stirring often. Add the garlic and vinegar. Cook for about 1 more minute. Remove from heat.
- Mix together the sour cream sauce ingredients.
- Make 4 Quesadillas by layering the cheese, onions, and potatoes on 4 tortillas. Top with the remaining 4 tortillas. Press.
- Heat remaining 1 TBS oil in a non-stick skillet to medium high. Carefully cook each quesadilla for about 1-2 minutes on each side. You will know it is done when the cheese is oozing out and the tortilla is browned and crisp on the outside. Repeat the process, 1 TBS of oil per quesadilla.
- Serve with the sour cream sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION