- Ready In:
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Pour pecan halves into greased 9x13" pan and place into oven for 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup and cook until sugar is dissolved (this takes at least 3-4 minutes).
- Remove pecans from oven and pour into saucepan/caramel mixture.
- Stir to coat and pour back into 9x13" pan.
- Place back into oven for 45-60 minutes stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Remove pan and spread pecans onto parchment paper or silpat (I've used wax paper but it sticks at times-if it does put in fridge and remove when cold).
- Separate pecans as they cool (2 forks work well).
- I often HALF this because I can't keep out of them!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in rural Minnesota and am a huge baker. Cooking is not a real talent for me but I do try! I have 2 kids and am a teacher for deaf/hard of hearing children.