MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A combination of a couple of different recipes, this a hearty vegetarian dish!
- Ready In:
- 2 ounces sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 ounces cavatelli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas beans, drained
- 1 bell pepper, died
- 8 ounces fresh babybella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can mild Rotel Tomatoes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 6 -8 large fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place almonds, garlic powder, and dried basil in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, rinse and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat; add onions and saute three minutes.
- Add the garlic and chickpeas; continue to cook, stirring frequently, until most of the moisture has evaporated and chickpeas start to crisp and brown.
- Add green pepper and mushrooms; saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add both cans of tomatoes, salt and pepper; lower heat slightly and simmer for 5 minutes, until slightly reduced.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta and sauce; add torn basil leaves and cubed mozzarella.
- Toss all ingredients to coat pasta; pour into large greased casserole dish (at least 9x13 or two smaller dishes).
- Sprinkle ground almond mixture over all; bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION