California Wilted Spinach Salad
Eye pleasing salad with a splash of orange flavor. I also serve this salad with pine nuts.
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- Thoroughly rinse spinach on cold water, remove stems.
- Dry with paper toweling or spin dry.
- To prepare dressing: Combine orange juice, vinegar, oil, zest, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- Heat dressing just until it starts to boil.
- Toss spinach with hot dressings and bacon bits.
- Garnish with orange sections.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very simple and very good! We loved the simple vinaigrette which was made even easier by microwaving until quite hot. Omitted the bacon since I was serving this with smoked turkey breast and Recipe #156024. Other citrus could be subbed for the orange, depending on the season: honey tangerine, clementines, etc. Tip: Best eaten same meal it is prepared since the spinach will turn really soggy. Do not toss the vinaigrette with the salad until just before serving.