- Ready In:
1 13 x 9" pan
- 1 lb ground turkey (I use 93% lean)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or garlic powder)
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 ounces black olives, drained (sliced)
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 8 ounces egg noodles (or lasagna noodles)
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet combine turkey, salt, sugar, tomato sauce and tomato paste. Bring to a boil stirring to break up the meat. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, olives and green onions in a bowl, set aside.
- Coat a 13 x 9" baking dish with cooking spray. Place 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of the dish. Layer noodles, sauce, and cream cheese mixture. (I've only ever made this with egg noodles, which only makes one layer of each item. If you use lasagna noodles, repeat layering until noodles are gone.) Top entire casserole with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Makes 12, 3x4 inch servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!