Cake Batter Pancakes
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups plus 3 tablespoons milk, plus more if necessary
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups confetti cake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup rainbow colored sprinkles
- nonstick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Set aside. Add additional milk as necessary to reach a pourable consistency.
- In a large bowl, mix to combine cake mix, bisquick, and sprinkles.
- Add remaining 1 ½ cups milk, eggs, and remaining 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla. If desired, add rainbow confetti sprinkles. Mix until smooth.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make 8 cake “layers”, pouring two each of the following measurements onto the griddle, in batches as necessary: ¾ cup, ½ cup, ¼ cup, and 2 tablespoons.
- Cook, flipping once, until pancakes are golden and cooked through, removing pancakes to a baking sheet or plate as they finish cooking.
- Stack layers, largest to smallest, on a cake stand or serving platter. Drizzle with reserved glaze and top with sprinkles.
- Cut into wedges and serve, passing any additional glaze on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!