Butterscotch Pecan Cookies
photo by Kaiysha T.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips, finely chopped
- Cream butter, gradually adding sugar.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Separately, combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Batter will be stiff.
- Stir in nuts and morsels.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2- inches apart onto parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely on wire racks. Store an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Jolly, these cookies are very good! I can't think of anything that would improve them. I didn't think I liked butterscotch all that well till I tried some cupcakes with it and now your cookie recipe. I posted the cupcakes, PUMPKIN BUTTERSCOTCH SNACKING CUPCAKES #60805 and so far no one has tried them. You might like them since you like these cookies. Thanks for a great recipe and many others will thank you also. I'm taking them to a large 4 day building project in Homer, Alaska this weekend. Thanks again! Carol Main