- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, quartered and drained on paper towel
- Cream butter and brown sugar thoroughly.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture, blending thoroughly.
- Add nuts and cherries.
- Place the dough on pieces of waxed paper and shape into 2-inch rolls.
- Wrap securely in wax paper and refrigerate overnight or until needed.
- To bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice off desired number of cookies, making each about 1/8 inch thick.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Wrap remaining cookie dough and return to refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!