- Ready In:
2 1lb loaves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 4 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour milk or 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup english walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Beat the eggs,gradually adding in the sugar.
- Add the melted shortening.
- Sift together the flour,salt,baking powder& soda.
- Add to the egg/sugar mixture,alternatly with milk.
- Add the chopped nuts,blending only enough to dampen the flour.
- Pour mixture into the loaf pan.
- Bake appox 45 minutes,or until bread slightly shrinks from the sides of pan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hey there!~ My name is Crystal. I am 19,and living in Florida. I really love to cook,& bake all the time for my family.I just get so much enjoyment out of it! There is just something about the great aroma throughout the house when you bake something,creating special memories in the kitchen! A little more about me: I am a strict vegetarian,(almost vegan!,heh)but of course my whole family is not,so I cook just about anything! Other than cooking-I like to read,surf the net and create art. My favorite websites are: www.ebay.com & www.witchvox.com (I'm wiccan) Of course,the Zaar has become my favorite website! I love how friendly the people are and how interactive this place is!