Buttermilk Baked Chicken
I am so much the cooking show food addict on Saturday afternoon. This is a great recipe that my chicken eating family loves. This comes from the PBS show Everyday Food, which features super simple recipes.
- Ready In:
- vegetable oil, for baking sheet
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (2 1/2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 lbs chicken parts, rinsed and patted dry (preferably legs, thighs, and wings)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Generously rub a baking sheet with oil. In a food processor, pulse bread until it turns into coarse crumbs.
- In a large bowl, stir together buttermilk, hot-pepper sauce, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. In a separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs, Parmesan, thyme, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Place the chicken in the buttermilk mixture, turning to coat evenly. Working with one piece at a time, remove chicken from liquid, letting excess drip back into bowl; dredge in the breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat evenly. Place coated chicken pieces on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until chicken is golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Leave enough space between the chicken pieces so that they crisp evenly all the way around.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation