Butter Crunch Cheesecake Bars
photo by Kim127
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In bowl, beat butter with mixer until smooth and creamy, 1 minute Add sugars, beat 3 minute until fluffy.
- Beat in flour.
- Beat in nuts until just incorporated. Reserve 1 cup mixture.
- Press remainder over bottom of ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Bake crust 10 minute Let cool.
- In bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar with mixer until smooth.
- Add vanilla and eggs, beat for 2 minute.
- Fold in candy bars (see into description above).
- Spoon over baked crust. Sprinkle reserved crust mixture over top.
- Bake for 30 minute until cheesecake layer is set.
- Let cool.
- Cut into 16 bars.
- Serve, or cover and refrigerate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Despite the number of steps this is a very easy recipe to put together. The only problem I had was that the flavor of the walnuts took over the dessert. I could barely taste the butterfingers. Don't get me wrong, it was a very tasty dessert, just not what I was expecting. I would maybe use only 1/2 cup of walnuts in the crust. Baked up perfectly!
It's been a LONG, LONG time since I had a Butterfinger, & this recipe obviously brought back some nice memories! The bars are great & are different from the usual bars I make [Lordy, is anything usual anymore when one starts using recipes from ZAAR?]. Will certainly be making these again! Many thanks!