Bun Cha - Grilled Vietnamese Pork Skewered Recipe
I love grilled Vietnamese pork. It's great served with rice and nuoc cham!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 2 scallions (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb pork, thinly sliced
- 16 bamboo skewers
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the honey, hoisin sauce, fish sauce, garlic, spring onions, oyster sauce, salt and pepper, mixing well.
- Add the pork, coating the slices well. Cover and marinate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, start the barbecue fire. Soak the bamboo skewers.
- When ready to eat, thread the meat strips on the skewers.
- Don't be tempted to overload the skewers; skewers which are too generous will char on the outside by the time the inside is cooked.
- Grill over medium-hot coals for 3 to 4 minutes, brushing the meat with the marinate.
- When browned and cooked, remove from the fire and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation