Buffalo Chip Cookies
photo by Jessica C.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups oats, uncooked
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Beat shortening and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla, mixing well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda; gradually add oats and remaining ingredients.
- Stirring well after each addition.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove cookies to wire racks to cool.
- Cookies may be frozen in airtight containers up to 3 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!