Bucatini With Chicken Marinara
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces bucatini pasta
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup mixed mushrooms, sliced thick
- 3⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 3⁄4 cups tomato paste
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- To make sauce, heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Saute onions, carrots and peppers for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and garlic. cook and stir for 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, chicken stock and all of the spices.
- When the sauce begins to boil, stir in tomato paste until smooth.
- When sauce begins to boil again, reduce heat to a simmer and cook 20 minutes or until sauce has reached a medium-thin consistency.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta to al dente and drain.
- Pour hot sauce over hot pasta.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!