photo by Elisa
- Ready In:
1 1/2 Cups
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons red onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 French baguette, loaf
- olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup fresh mozzarella cheese
- Slice Roma tomatoes in half and gently squeeze out seeds and juice. Finely chop and place in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Layer basil leaves together and roll. Slice to create slender strings (green confetti!) Add to tomatoes.
- Finely chop onion and garlic. Mix with tomato and basil.
- Add olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or more.
- Slice baguette in diagonal slices about 1/2 inch thick. Drizzle or brush with olive oil.
- Broil until lightly toasted and remove from oven. Rub crushed garlic clove over each piece.
- Cube mozzarella into little pieces and add to tomato mixture. Spoon bruschetta over toasted baguettes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!