Brown Rice Bowl With Shrimp
- Ready In:
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined, thawed if frozen
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas, trimmed and halved on the diagonal
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 avocado, pitted and cut into chunks
- In large saucepan, bring 2 cups salted water to boil. Add rice and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook until rice is tender (according to product directions).
- In small bowl, stir together soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Set sauce aside. When rice has finished cooking, heat oil in large skillet over medium- high. Add shrimp, snow peas, and ginger. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until shrimp are opaque throughout and snow peas are bright green (3 minutes).
- Divide rice into individual bowls. Top with shrimp mixture and avocado. Serve sauce on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!