Brown Butter Butterflied Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This chicken comes out moist, tender, and with a delicious cripy skin. For this recipe I used a cast iron skillet. Not sure if the results would be the same cooked in other cookware.
- Ready In:
- 1 whole chicken
- 1⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- To butterfly chicken cut the backbone out on each side. Try to leave chicken intact.
- Season chicken on both sides including under the skin.
- Pre-heat cast iron skillet on medium high heat.
- Place chicken skin side down until skin is crisp.
- Flip chicken and place in oven on 350 degrees for 30-40 minute.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION