Broccoli, Sweet Potatoes and Farmers Sausage
- Ready In:
- In a pot of water, cook the sweet potato slices until almost cooked.
- Fry up the Farmers sausage, cut in bite sized bits and set aside.
- Mix the cooked sweet potatoes, the Farmers sausage bits together with the orange juice concentrate in a pot.
- Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced broccoli flowerlets.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Cover and simmer another 5 minutes, addint more orange juice concentrate if necessary.
- Cook until the broccoli is just tender.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've made this recipe twice now and it really grows on you! My parents are from a Mennonite background and it is nice to have a "new" recipe for farmer sausage. You wouldn't expect it to be tasty considering the few spice ingredients but it is the blend of farmer sausage juices and the subtle orange and nutmeg that give this dish a unique, addicting flavor.