Broccoli Cheese Soup
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in onion and red pepper; cook until onion is golden, about 6 minutes.
- Add broccoli and chicken broth to pan; cook until broccoli is tender, about 12 minutes.
- Puree soup in a blender or food processor (or hand-held'boat motor') in small batches; return soup to pot over low heat.
- Stir in cheese until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Just a heads up, I cook in the family. My wife couldn't boil water if she was standing on the Sun with a pot of water. That was just so you understand this next part. She decided to make this easy recipe but didnt read the 1/8 part of the red pepper. She put in 8/8. Now to many that would seem odd but to non cooks that don't care, it's normal. Regardless to say, after a very long morning of burning after my coffee ( I did reference the sun, just this burning was more of an exit), I re-made the soup and it was great. Added a bit more cheese and a LOT less pepper and it turned out great.
I found myself with a lot of brocolli to use up and this recipe was suggested by Parsley on the boards. This soup has great flavor from the smoked gouda and goat cheese. I found that the belnder did a better job with the texture than my hand held boat motor, giving the soup a better consistancy. Thank you Parsley for suggesting the recipe & Hey Jude for sharing it.