Cheese Nip Broccoli Casserole
photo by Aunt Paula
- Ready In:
- 1 box cheese crackers (Better Cheddars or Cheese Nips)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 can leseur garden peas, drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 quart or 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Crush enough cheese crackers till very fine and you have 1 1/2 cup.
- (I crush in a zip lock bag, using my grandmother's rolling pin.) Layer ½ broccoli, ½ garden peas, ½ cheese mixture.
- Repeat these layers.
- Top with 1 ½ cup crushed cheese crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Huge hit! My husband just raved about this. Said two times how good it was! He even went back for seconds and filled his entire plate with it! The cheese crackers really give a nice flavor. I omitted the peas, since I didn't have any on hand. But followed recipe as directed. Will definitely be making this again in our house! Thanks Bobtail for another fantastic recipe!
This was good. We used Goldfish crackers (less than one 6.6 oz pkg). Made my own cream soup. Used Smart Beat mayo (0 g sat fat, 1 (16 oz) pkg broccoli and 1 can sweet peas. I think the less amount of broccoli made the cheese mixture too much. Will use frozen peas next time (if at all) and make the recommended 20 oz. broccoli. Served with Squash, Apple and Onion Soup, bread and salad. Nice vegetarian meal.