Broccoli and Cheddar Bow Ties
I got this off of a milk calendar, it sounds and looks devine! I haven't tried it yet but definately will.
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 3 cups broccoli, pieces (about one bunch)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1⁄2 cups old cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta in boiling water until just tender (about 10 min.).
- Stir in broccoli and drain immediately and return to pot.
- Whisk flour, salt and pepper into milk and pour over pasta.
- Stir in mustard and cook stirring over medium-high heat for 5 minute or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This makes a great side dish. I think this would work well with rotini too. I did add some garlic powder for some extra flavor. Also, I melted about 3 tbsp of butter in the pan and then blended in the flour (making a roux), then milk, and so on. I would recommend using that method rather than whisking flour in milk. The result was a thick, creamy and smooth cheese sauce. I'll be making this again. Thanx for posting!Reply
see 1 more