Braised Pork Shoulder in Lemon Cream
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 10mins
- 1 cup onion, chunked
- 4 lbs pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried sage or 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 3⁄4 cups heavy cream, at ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons enriched flour, Wondra possibly more
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put onion into roasting pan.
- In cup, mix flour, salt, and pepper; rub onto roast.
- Melt butter in 12 inch skillet on medium, brown pork on all sides, about 15 minutes; put pork into roasting pan.
- To same 12 inch skillet, add garlic, sage or thyme, cream, and wine or broth; bring to a boil; pour into roasting pan.
- Cover, put in oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove cover, braise for about one hour and 10 minutes. Check center of meat with thermometer-when inside reaches 150 degrees Fahrenheit, transfer to cutting board and tent with foil while making sauce. The temperature should raise to 160 degrees while resting.
- While meat rests, remove fat from liquid.
- Set pan on burner at a bit higher than medium heat, simmer liquid, add Wondra; add zest to sauce, stir and simmer until smooth. Taste test for seasonings.
- Slice your meat and serve with sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!