Braised Fresh Green Beans
photo by iris5555
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 lb green beans, ends trimmed
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- Heat the olive oil in a large enough skillet to hold the beans until the oil begins to shimmer.
- Add the shallot and cook until golden, about five minutes.
- Add the breans and broth. Cover and simmer on low heat until beans are just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve with thyme sprinkled on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband, Paul, and I enjoy travel, good food and spending time with family. We have six fun, busy kids (blended family). I adore greyhounds but don't currently have one. They are sweet, calm dogs. I can highly recommend adopting a retired racer. Update - We did recently adopt a Staffordshire/Shepard mix from a rescue group. He's lovable and sweet, though needs to be much more active than our old greys did. <img src="http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e110/flower753/Food/my3chefsnov2008.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> I have lived in California, Pennsylvania, New York, Oregon, Colorado, North Carolina, Austria (you know, The Sound of Music) and Germany (ahh Bavaria!)