Boxing Day Turkey Soup
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 15mins
- 6 cups boiling water
- 8 packets oxo chicken bouillon
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 (796 ml) can tomatoes with juice
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Minute Rice
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Combine Oxo and boiling water.
- Add to crockpot.
- Dump tomatoes into crockpot and mash gently.
- Add turkey, carrots, celery, onion, rice, parsley and thyme.
- Stir well.
- Cover and cook on Low for 10 hours (or on High for 6 hours).
- This can be combined and refrigerated overnight before cooking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a tasty and simple soup. I had cooked chicken on hand, so used that instead of turkey. Otherwise, followed the recipe as posted. I am sure I'll be making this again as I can see it would make a great "clean out the fridge" soup. You could throw just about any fresh or leftover veggies, rice, etc. and let your crockpot simmer all day. Thanks for this one, Debbbbbbb!
Debbb, I am one of those people who makes a full Thanksgiving Daydinner about 4 times a year,and Sunday was one of those days,YUMMY!!! and since I had some ledtover turkey I made your soup,I was very skeptical about the tomatoes,I couldn't decid if I wanted to put them in or not,but decided to do it exactly by the recipe.Yum,I'm glad I did..This is a very good recipe. Thanks So Much, Darlene Summers
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 38 year old married woman. I have been cooking and baking since I was 10 years old. I long ago mastered the art of making something taste good & I am now working hard at perfecting the presentation aspect of food. I took a cake decorating course nearly 3 years ago which gave me lots of great ideas.