Southwestern Turkey Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Something interesting to do with leftover turkey.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded, cooked turkey
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chili peppers
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine turkey, broth, canned tomatoes, green chiles, fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic, lime juice, cayenne, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in avocado and cilantro and simmer 15 to 20 minutes more, until slightly thickened.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is very easy to make & a delightful twist on the old, tired, traditional turkey soup. I spiced it up a bit more with more than was requested amounts of the spices, chili powder & bottled "Southwest Seasoning". I used a fair anount of salt & served it with tortilla strips on top. My whol family loved it!10Reply
see 1 more