Boursin and Prosciutto-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- With a sharp fillet knife, cut a deep pocket horizontally in each chicken breast (taking care not to cut meat all the way through). The pockets should end up being about 3 inches long by 1 1/2 to 2 inches deep depending on breast size.
- Divide the chilled Boursin into 4 equal pieces. Place 1 piece in the center of each slice of prosciutto and roll up, enclosing the cheese. Stuff one roll inside the pocket of each chicken breast as deeply as possible. Press the edge of chicken pocket to seal. Gently season with salt and pepper. (Chicken breast may be refrigerated for later cooking at this point or individually wrapped and frozen.).
- Combine the flour and the Essence in a large bowl or plate. Beat the egg and the water in another bowl. Take the first breast and dust with flour, then dip in egg mixture. Gently shake to remove excess. Place breast in flour again and flip to coat completely then set aside. Repeat with each.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.* Gently add the chicken and brown on each side for 3 minutes. Place pan in the oven and bake the chicken for 7 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.**.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Serve with Truffle-Scented Mushroom Risotto or other savory side.
- *If you do not have a skillet large enough to hold all 4 breasts at once, you may work in batches, setting aside the first batch and covering with foil to keep warm.
- **If necessary, you may also transfer chicken to a large roasting pan or sheet.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!