Bourbon Mississippi Mud Pie
- Ready In:
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 chocolate crumb pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 pints coffee ice cream
- sweetened whipped cream or Cool Whip
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- Soften the vanilla ice cream in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes, then spread it evenly in the prepared crust.
- Top with half the bourbon fudge and half the pecans and freeze for about an hour.
- Soften the coffee ice cream, and spread over the now firm first layer.
- Mound the coffee ice cream in the center as necessary.
- Top with the rest of the fudge and pecans.
- Decorate with whipped cream and cover loosely.
- Freeze overnight or at least four hours and serve with warm fudge sauce To make the sauce combine first 5 ingredients in a microwaveable bowl and microwave about 3 minutes, whisking every minute or so.
- When the mixture has thickened somewhat, whisk in last three ingredients.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Las Vegas. I was lucky enough to run into Recipezaar around Nov. 2000 and got hooked quickly. I am a cookbook collector and have been collecting recipes for as long as I can remember. My DH had to build in shelves for all my cookbooks! I like to dabble with OAMC and for a few years hosted the Budget/OAMC forum with some great people over there. Even though I don't work in the forum any longer I've set up a lot of cookbooks for the purpose of OAMC and stretching food that might be helpful. Please feel free to check them out! I go on food jags and cooking jags! Please come say hi to me and chat on facebook. I currently host a blog for saving money through finding deals and coupons if you are interested. Most of the time I try to cook and have a good dinner on the table but I'll be honest enough to say there is still fast food occasionally in the budget! I have had such wonderful support here whenever I need it. Thank you all for being here! Just a quick note on how I rate recipes: ? 5 stars - This recipe is perfect. (My DH is truly a critic and doesn't give 5's unless it's amazing) I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. ? 4 stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. ? 3 stars - This is a recipe I would not make again but it was OK ? 2 stars - This recipe I would not make again and we didn't like it at all ? 1 star - This recipes did not work out/taste was unappealing and wouldn't make again