This is a really easy, yummy meal to make, it is a great one to do when you get in late from work and want a no fuss meal on the table in around 35-40 Min's. You can make this with just chicken if you prefer but I add in vegetables to make it a more complete meal for us.
- Ready In:
- olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, chopped into chunks
- 1 red pepper, sliced thunly (about 200g)
- 1 carrot, cut into sticks
- 250 g broccoli florets
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (add to your personal taste.)
- 80 ml apple juice (just over a 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Heat a little oil in a pan, cook chicken in batches, until browned all over, set chicken to one side.
- Heat a little more oil in the same pan, add pepper, garlic and ginger, cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring.
- Add red pepper flakes, juice, bourbon, water, soy, sugar, ketchup and vinegar, stir to combine, bring to the boil.
- Return chicken to pan with carrot and broccoli, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 Min's.
- Mix a little water with the cornflour, add to sauce and stir until mixture thickens.
- Serve over rive and sprinkle with green onions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This is one of those 10* recipes... amazing. I sneaked some of DHs whisky and followed the recipe exactly. I don't even know how to describe the sauce, Asian inspired, sweet, spicy, rich, incredibly satisfying, this is restaurant quality and one of the best recipes I have prepared to date. I had some cooked chicken in the fridge and made this on the spur of the moment, to use it up.. wow, the best finds are made by accident! AMAZING!! Thank you, FC!!