Boterkoek (Dutch Butter Cake)
- Ready In:
1 8inch butter cake
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 125 g confectioners' sugar
- 225 g very cold hard butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Butter a 8" springform pan.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Add butter, salt, and vanilla.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and knead lightly with a cool hand or utensil until it holds together.
- Don't work too much.
- It needs to stay cold.
- (This works well in the food processor- then I use frozen butter) Press mixture quickly into bottom of spring form pan.
- Brush the top with the egg.
- Place the pan just below the middle of the oven and bake about 30 minutes or until it's a golden brown.
- Cool in the pan, release the spring, and remove cake.
- Serve in thin slices- it is rich!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!