Blueberry Muffins à La Alton Brown (Good Eats on Food Net
photo by Deb G
- Ready In:
- 12 1⁄2 ounces cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt ("heavy pinch")
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen, allowed to thaw part way)
- vegetable oil, spray for the muffin tins
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F.
- Whisk together "wet" ingredients: sugar, oil, egg and yogurt.
- Sift together "dry" ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Toss blueberries with 1 T. of dry mix.
- Add wet ingredients to the remaining dry ingredients.
- Stir mixture for a count of 10. (Do not overstir.).
- Add 1 cup blueberries to batter and stir 3 times. (Do not overstir.).
- Spray or line muffin tins and add batter (e.g. with #20 scoop).
- Press remaining berries lightly into tops of muffins.
- Put in oven and raise temp to 400.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes; rotate at midpoint.
- Remove and invert onto towel to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are a hit---DH is asking for them to be made again before we eat all of these! I used 3 cups of cake flour (I don't have a scale), and I set the oven at 350F, thinking 380F was a mistake. I have checked the recipe on Food Network, and the 380 is correct! Mine turned out great anyway, and we will definitely have these again and again. Thanks for posting. Reviewed and photographed for Food Network Challenge: HAIL TO THE CHEFS!