Blue Moon Inn Cheese Spread
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup bottled chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan for 8-10 minutes or until they are fragrant. Cool 5 minutes; finely chop pecans.
- Stir together mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients until well blended. Stir in cheese and pecans.
- Garnish, if desired, with sliced pimiento-stuffed olives.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've made this several times. If I follow the recipe it has a tangy flavor. Nothing close to pimento cheese. When I want to tweak the recipe some I will use less chili sauce and add chopped onion and garlic powder. I love the roasted pecans. It gives it a roasted flavor and a nice crunch. This is also good heated and served with corn chips. I would love to hear from someone who remembers eating this at the Inn so see if this is the true taste.