BLT Burger With Garlicky Mayonnaise
photo by OrmondEater
- Ready In:
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, Oil Packed, Drained (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 6 ounces arugula, thick stems removed
- Light a grill. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp, about 7 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels, then chop finely.
- In a mini food processor, pulse the sun-dried tomatoes with the garlic, chipotle and vinegar until finely chopped.
- Add the mayonnaise and puree until smooth.
- Add the bacon, season with salt and pepper and pulse just until combined.
- Form the meat into 4 large patties, about 1 inch thick and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and grill over a medium-high fire for 9 minutes for medium meat. Brush the cut sides of the rolls with olive oil and grill until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Spread the mayonnaise on the cut sides of the rolls and set the burgers on the bottom halves. Top with the arugula, close the sandwiches and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!