Blackberry Mojito Refrigerator Jam
- Ready In:
- 1 (7 ounce) package frozen blackberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water, plus
- 1⁄4 cup water, for cornstarch mixture
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a heavy bottom sauce pan, combine the the blackberries, lime juice, sprigs of mint, sugar and 1 cup of water.
- Mix the 1/4 cup of water with cornstarch and set aside.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until it boils.
- When the blackberries begin to pop, remove the mint sprigs. Stir the cornstarch mixture vigorously and add to the blackberry mixture.
- Stir and continue to cook until the jam thickens to the consistency of your preference. Cool and pour into a jar.
- ***Keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.****.
- Try it on a bagel with a layer of cream cheese, then top with jam. YUM!
Join The Conversation
I'm so proud of myself; I've never made a jam before, and this turned out great! I followed the directions, EXCEPT, I added about 1/2 tsp. of rum flavoring. It IS blackberry mojito jam, and you can't make a mojito without some rum! ;-) I don't think that the flavoring made a difference, but I did want to try it. I was rewarded with 2 12 oz. jelly jars, and a neighbor told me I can freeze it, so I'll put 1 jar's worth in the freezer. I really don't wanna share it...LOL Thanks so much for sharing a great recipe, Baking Bad.