Black Bean-Salmon Dip
"No Cooking at All", Good Food Magazine, August 1986
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) can salmon
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- corn tortilla chips
- Place beans and salmon in medium mixing bowl; flake salmon with fork and stir to combine.
- Stir in oil and lime juice, then remaining ingredients except chips.
- Serve at once with tortilla chips or refrigerate until ready to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
50 Yumm Yumms and 10 BIG stars!!!!! This recipe is exactly why I love Zaar sooo much!!! I found this using the ingredient search or else I never would have been looking for a recipe like this! I had a can of black beans and a can of salmon and I typed "black beans" in the ingredient search and then in the sub-category under that, I typed in "canned salmon" and this recipe came up!!! Really tasty dip and very healthy too!! At first I thought, wow 1/4 cup oil? But the oil is what makes it a dip so don't be scared to put it in. I switched the spices around a tiny bit, I did 1/4 tsp cumin and 3/4 tsp chile powder instead of the other way around because I like cumin to be subtle to my taste. I used chipotle chile powder and it added a smokey accent to the dip! Also, I had everything around the house except I had a lemon instead of a lime and that's what I used. Threw in another 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes too, after tasting, because I like spicy!! This is a really versatile recipe too, you could place a bit of this onto a bed of lettuce for a nice salad or put some into a tortilla for a healthy wrap!! I was really thrilled to find this recipe, thanks so much!!1Reply