Black Bean Hemp Burgers
photo by Sweet Potato Soul
- Ready In:
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brazil nut
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats or 1/2 cup oat bran
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- 2 cups arugula, mixed greens or 2 cups butter lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking dish with parchment paper. Also grab a large mixing bowl, and your food processor.
- Add the red pepper and onion to the food processor, and pulse until minced. Pour into the large mixing bowl.
- Add the brazil nuts, seeds, garlic cloves, chili powder, cumin, and sea salt to the food processor, and blend until it has combined into a grainy mixture. Pour into the mixing bowl with the onion and pepper.
- Add the beans and cilantro to the processor, and blend until almost smooth (a few chunks of bean is okay). Pour into the mixing bowl.
- Pour your oats into the mixing bowl with the other ingredients, and stir well to combine. The oats will expand and help hold the burgers together.
- Form into tight palm-sized patties, and place each onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use a spatula to flip each burger. Continue baking for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with ciabatta, avocado, cucumber, and arugula.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!