Black Bean and Rice Stuffed Peppers With Jack Cheese
photo by Zatarains
- Ready In:
- 1 lb spicy pork sausage
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 (7 ounce) package ZATARAIN'S® Black Beans and Rice
- 4 large red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Break up sausage in medium saucepan. Cook on medium heat 5 minutes or until cooked through. Drain fat; set aside. Add water to same saucepan; bring to boil. Stir in Rice Mix; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Add sausage to rice; mix well.
- Meanwhile, cook peppers in boiling water in large saucepot 5 minutes or until just tender. Immediately place peppers in large bowl of ice water to cool. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place peppers on foil-lined 13x9-inch baking pan. Spoon rice mixture into peppers. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes or until rice mixture is heated through and cheese is melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!