photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, plus some to coat pans
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup raisins, currants (or other dried or candied fruit)
- Heat oven to 350*. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans (8x4).
- Combine 2 1/2 cups flour, brown sugar, spices and salt in a mixing bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in nuts. Remove 1/2 cup of the mixture and set aside.
- Mix baking soda into remaining flour mixture, then beat in buttermilk and eggs. Stir fruit into batter just enough to moisten.
- Scrape batter into prepared pans, and sprinkle with reserved flour mixture. Bake about 35 minutes, until loaves test done with a toothpick. Remove from pans and cool on a rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/my3chefs2009final-1.jpg"> src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">