Bimini Bread Abm
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast (Bread Machine Yeast)
- 4 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour (plus extra for adjusting)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup warm milk or 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut flakes, organic unsweetened (optional)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 -3 tablespoon sifted confectioners' sugar
- Place ingredients in ABM according to your machines directions.
- Set on dough cycle.
- Let mix when all come together do adjust flour or milk if needed. But be careful not to add to much flour for it will produce a dense bread.
- When dough cycle is complete, dough should be approximately doubled in size, remove dough, punch down and place in oiled baking pans. 1 Pullman pan, which is quite large or two bread pans as I used.
- Place dough in oiled pans cover with plastic wrap and let raise 45 - 60 minutes till double the size.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Score each loaf and bake for 35 minutes.
- Mix the butter and honey together and spread 1/4 of it on the hot bread.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve at table whole for guests to rip apart while hot and top with remaining butter mixture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had to add more flour to the dough. Near 1 cup. I used the coconut flakes but couldn't taste it. I baked it in only 1 large pan. The bread is a bit too dense for our taste. But the next day I made french toast with it, and it was so yummy : recipe#347565 Thanks Rita :) Made for New Kids on the block tag game