Big Daddy's Seasoned Sweet Potato Puree
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The Big Daddy's House on The Food Network.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 lemon, juiced
- In a medium saucepan add chicken stock, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons sea salt, 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper, a pinch of nutmeg, and almond extract. Stir mixture and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, peel sweet potatoes and cut into medium-sized cubes. Add to the chicken stock and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until soft.
- Once potatoes are soft, place potatoes in a food processor. Reserve the liquid and set aside.
- Add heavy cream and lemon juice and blend until smooth. If too dry, add reserved potato liquid. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION