Betty's Baked Beans
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe came from one of my mom's friends. These are the best baked beans ever. Whenever there were family gatherings or work picnics these beans were always requested.
- Ready In:
- 48 ounces bush's baked beans (drain and save juice)
- 22 ounces red kidney beans, drained
- 30 ounces butter beans, drained
- 15 ounces pinto beans
- 1⁄2 lb dark brown sugar
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 12 ounces ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bacon
- In a frying pan, brown bacon. Remove and crumble. Fry onions in bacon grease until transparent. In a large foil tin, mix all other ingrediants. Add fried onions with bacon grease and bacon. Mix well.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- If beans appear to be getting dry add the drained bean juice. However, I have never needed to!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION