Best Snickerdoodle Muffin Ever
- Ready In:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, mixed with
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (for rolling*)
- 1.Cream the butter and sugar until soft about 3 to 5 minutes. Add in the vanilla. Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until each is incorporated.
- 2.In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar and nutmeg.
- 3.Add the flour mixture and the sour cream alternately to the egg-butter mixture in the additions. Start with the flour and end with the flour. Scrape the bowl occasionally.
- 4. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out muffin batter one at a time and drop into a shallow bowl filled with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll the muffin around in the mixture until it is covered completely in cinnamon sugar. Place muffin into muffin tin. Depending on the size of your tins, you should get about 12 to 14 muffins. Bake them for approximately 20-22 minutes in a 350F oven or until they are golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I agree with the other reviewer...10 stars and definitely the best snickerdoodle muffin recipe I've tried! I halved the recipe to make 6 muffins, but otherwise didn't change a thing. Rolling the dough in the cinnamon/sugar helps it not stick to the muffin paper, which is helpful as well. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!