Best Ever (And Most Versatile) Muffins!
photo by Cabnolen
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl or 2-cup measuring cup, beat egg with a fork.
- Stir in milk and oil.
- Pour all at once into the well in the flour mixture.
- Mix quickly and lightly with a fork until moistened, but do not beat.
- The batter will be lumpy. DO NOT OVERMIX. This will create tough/heavy muffins.
- Pour the batter into paper lined muffin pan cups.
- Variations: Blueberry Muffins: Add 1 cup fresh blueberries.
- Raisin Muffins: Add 1 cup finely chopped raisins.
- Date Muffins: Add 1 cup finely chopped dates.
- Cheese Muffins: Fold in 1 cup grated sharp yellow cheese.
- Bacon Muffins: Fold 1/4 cup crisp cooked bacon, broken into bits.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.
see 108 more reviews
Made this with blueberries and stevia instead of sugar. They were very good. Totally gone before I could snap a picture! I did have to add a bit more milk to get it to a muffin batter consistency. My flour may have been a bit dry-- being winter and all. I am making these again today perhaps with cheese and bacon!
see 5 more tweaks
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
bok bok, bok bok bok bok.