Best Chocolate Zucchini Cake (Freezes Well)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- *Note: for sour milk, just add a squirt of lemon juice to regular milk.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Grease a bundt pan and dist it with cocoa.
- Mix flour, sugar, eggs, margarin, oil, zucchini, and vanilla together in a big bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients: salt, baking powder,baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, cocoa.
- Alternately add milk and dry stuff to zucchini mixture, until all is mixed together.
- Pour into pan and pop it in the oven for 45min, or longer, depending on toothpick test.
- Recommended: drizzle with the chocolate chips just before putting it into the oven -- seems like shaved/sliced almonds would be grreat on it also!
- Alternative topping: instead of the chocolate chips, use Fudge Icing Recipe #78040 from this web site (http://www.recipezaar.com/Fudge-Icing-78040). I tried a few frostings and this one was the best with this cake and SO EASY! Amazing consistency.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a tasty cake. I cut it in half this time and put it into an 8x8 pan, and through in a handful of chocolate chips too. Also I left out the margarine/butter and just added a splash more oil. Well actually I just left it out and pretty much everything else I guessed at the amount. Still turned out great.<br/><br/>One thing I added was a pinch of Hot Chili powder. The heat goes well with chocolate, and it becomes a "hot chocolate" cake. My sister taught that to me, now I do it regularly.