Beef, Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 (16 ounce) jars marinara sauce
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat, add olive oil and saute mushrooms for 2-3 minutes, until just beginning to soften. Add mushrooms, garlic, red pepper flakes, oregano and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, until mushrooms are softened. Add ground beef and cook just until meat is no longer pink, breaking it up with a spatula as it cooks. Add marinara sauce, turn heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- While the sauce simmers, combine spinach, ricotta and parmesan in a large bowl and mix well.
- Take out a 9×13-inch baking dish. Cover the bottom with about 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce. Evenly space 3 no-boil lasagna noodles on top of the sauce layer. Top noodles with about half of the spinach mixture, spreading it into an even layer. Top with about 1/2 of the remaining sauce. Top this sauce layer with 3 more noodles, followed by the ricotta spinach mixture, followed by the remaining noodles. Pour all of the remaining sauce over the noodles and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover loosely with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes (you may want to put your baking dish on a baking sheet to catch any drips), then uncover the lasagna and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until sauce is slightly bubbly.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello fellow cooks-I am on OBGYN doctor and I am new to this website. . I love RecipeZaar since there are so many, easy, delicious, tested recipes. Between myself and my boyfriend, we have 5 children so there is always someone hungry-the family is so happy about the new, freshly cooked foods that have been gracing our table as of late. Gardening- here in south florida we have lots of tropical fruit trees - is another hobby that I enjoy. We love scuba diving too. Recently, I did a tandem parachute jump.