Becky's Baked Tomatoes With Basil and Parmesan
This is a great recipe in the summer when your garden is bursting with tomatoes and basil!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, cut in half (about 3 large vine-ripened tomatoes)
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh herb (basil, parsley, marjoram)
- 1⁄2 cup grated dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup asiago cheese
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Put the tomatoes in a nonstick baking dish, cut sides up.
- Combine the herbs, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, and oil in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle each tomato with an equal portion of the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crusty.
- Tomatoes will be soft yet hold their shape.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION