BBQ Pork Steaks
Best ever pork steaks...cook these just they're ribs.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- 4 -8 enter cut pork steaks, about 1/2-3/4 inch thick (1 per person, 2 for a "Hungry Jack")
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika (a wonderful over-the-counter product containing the above ingredients is called "Bad Byron's Butt Ru)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Rub steaks on both sides- about 1 tsp per side.
- Rest in fridge for 30 minutes Prepare smoker with 1/2 mesquite and 1/2 hickory wood chunks and smoke meat for at least 1 hour at a temperature of about 250.
- Turn once or twice.
- Add more wood if necessary.
- Remove steaks from smoker to a roasting pan.
- Brush on 1/2 of the BBQ sauce.
- Cover with foil and cook in oven for 90 minutes@300.
- Remove from oven a brush on a light coating of more sauce.
- Cook on a medium-heat charcoal or gas BBQ, turning, adding more sauce a few times, enough to get a nice caramailzed, dark crust, usually about 10-15 minutes.
- Eat, enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION