BBQ Chicken Flatbreads from 'Every Day Easy Air Fryer'
photo by Genius Kitchen
- Ready In:
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 2 prepared naan flat bread
- 1⁄2 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken and 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce.
- 2. Spread half the remaining barbecue sauce on one of the flatbreads. Top with half the chicken and half each of the Gouda and mozzarella cheeses. Sprinkle with half the red onion. Gently press the cheese and onions onto the chicken with your fingers.
- 3. Carefully place one flatbread in the air-fryer basket. Set the air fryer to 400°F for 10 minutes, until the bread is browned around the edges and the cheese is bubbling and golden brown. If not, cook for 2 minutes more. Transfer the flatbread to a plate and repeat to cook the second flatbread.
- 4. Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro before serving.
- VARIATIONS: Greek Chicken Flatbreads.
- 1. Stir together 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil and 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic. Brush 2 naan flatbreads with the garlic oil. Top each with 1 cup chopped cooked chicken, 1/4 cup diced seeded plum tomato, 1/3 cup chopped artichoke hearts, 1/4 cup halved Kalamata olives, and 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese. Follow the cooking directions for BBQ Chicken Flatbreads. Sprinkle each flatbread with 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley before serving.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!