photo by Jonathan Melendez
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup diced tomato, drained
- 1 cup fire roasted whole green chili, chopped
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese
- 9 ounces soy chorizo or 9 ounces regular chorizo sausage
- 1 cup salsa, for serving
- 1 cup guacamole, for serving
- 1 cup sour cream, for serving
- Set a large saucepan over medium-high heat with the butter. Once melted, whisk in the flour and cook for about 30 seconds. Slowly whisk in the milk and cook until thickened, about 5 to 8 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and cayenne.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the diced tomatoes, chiles and cheeses until melted through. Keep on very low heat until ready to serve.
- Cook the soyrizo in a skillet, according to the package directions.
- To serve, pour the cheese sauce into a round pie plate or casserole dish and smooth out into an even layer. Spoon the soyrizo on top in lines, mimicking the lines of a basketball. Serve immediately with salsa, guacamole and sour cream on the side and chips for dipping!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!