Basil Rice Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded,peeled and chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil over medium heat and add garlic, celery, onion, carrot and basil.
- Cover and cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice and tomatoes and cook uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York. I am retired and now have time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren and great grandchildren.